Chicken BLAT Wraps with Chipotle Ranch
View a step-by-step video of this delicious recipe here.
6 strips no-sugar bacon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 large head of green lettuce leaves
SideDish Chipotle Ranch, for serving
- Heat a large, heavy bottom skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Add the bacon strips and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Once they have time to dry and crisp further, split each piece of bacon in half for serving so that you have 8 smaller pieces of bacon for the wraps.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides generously with the spice blend.
Discard most of the bacon fat, reserving about 2 tablespoons in the skillet to cook the chicken over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into ½-inch thick strips.
To assemble the cups, place a few sliced tomatoes on two layered pieces of lettuce leaves. Add a few avocado slices, a few slices of the chicken, and a piece of bacon. Drizzle with SideDish Chipotle Ranch.