Chicken BLAT Wraps with Chipotle Ranch
View a step-by-step video of this delicious recipe here.
6 strips no-sugar bacon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 large head of green lettuce leaves
SideDish Chipotle Ranch, for serving
- Heat a large, heavy bottom skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat. Add the bacon strips and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Once they have time to dry and crisp further, split each piece of bacon in half for serving so that you have 8 smaller pieces of bacon for the wraps.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, and garlic powder and stir to combine. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides generously with the spice blend.
- Discard most of the bacon fat, reserving about 2 tablespoons in the skillet to cook the chicken. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into ½-inch thick strips.
To assemble the cups, place a few sliced tomatoes on two layered pieces of lettuce leaves. Add a few avocado slices, a few slices of the chicken, and a piece of bacon. Drizzle with SideDish Chipotle Ranch.