Chipotle Huevos Rancheros
Dairy-Free (if modified)
Paleo (if modified)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chicken or veggie broth (sub water)
- 4 grain-free tortillas (I use Siete Foods Almond Flour)
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- SideDish Chipotle Ranch (or SideDish Southwest)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Cotija cheese (omit for dairy-free and Paleo)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté until softened, about 1 minute. Add the black beans, salt, and broth and stir until combined. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until the beans begin to soften. Remove from heat then using the back of a fork, mash the black beans until mostly smashed and smooth. This does not need to be completely smooth. Cover and keep warm.
- In another skillet big enough to fit a tortilla, add 1 tablespoon of oil and set over medium-high heat. One at a time, add the tortillas and fry until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side. Then remove the tortillas, and set on paper towels to drain. Repeat, adding more oil as needed, until all of the tortillas are golden.
- In the same skillet used for the tortillas, heat 2 more tablespoons of oil over medium. Fry the eggs for about 3 minutes on medium heat until the egg whites have just set, sunny side up (or to your preference).
To assemble, distribute the tortillas onto 4 separate plates. Divide and spread the black beans in an even layer over each of the tortillas. Top with fried egg, sliced avocado, drizzle of desired amount of SideDish Chipotle Ranch or Southwest, diced tomato, cheese, and cilantro.