Chipotle Ranch Chicken Burger
Paleo (if modified)
Whole30 (if modified)
Grain-Free (if modified)
1 pound ground chicken
2 tablespoons SideDish Chipotle Ranch Dressing, plus more for serving
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 4 strips bacon (I use Applegate No Sugar bacon)
gluten-free buns, for serving (sub butter lettuce leaves for Paleo, Whole30, and Grain-Free)
- ½ avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, chipotle ranch, salt, pepper, and arrowroot flour. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Form the chicken into 4 equal sized chicken patties (damp hands help if you are having trouble forming the chicken into patties). Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and set aside.
- Discard excess bacon fat, reserving 1-2 tablespoons in the skillet for cooking the chicken burgers.
- Place the chicken patties in the skillet with the bacon fat and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the chicken patties in a bun or lettuce leaves topped with a drizzle of the chipotle ranch, the avocado, bacon, and red onion. Enjoy!