Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad
6 as a Side
2 pounds yellow potato quartered (about 2-inch pieces)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup small-dice celery
- 1/2 cup small-dice yellow onion
- 3 strips bacon, cooked until crisped then roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
2 tablespoons homemade mayo (sub Whole30 compliant mayo)
- 1/4 cup SideDish Chipotle Ranch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the cut potatoes in a large pot. Fill the pot with water until the potatoes are just covered by one inch. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add 2 teaspoons of the kosher salt and cook, boiling and uncovered, until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let the steam from the potatoes release. This prevents your potato salad from getting watery.
- Place the tender potatoes in a large bowl with the celery, onion, bacon, chives, mayo, SideDish Chipotle Ranch, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and black pepper. Mix until very well combined.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper to preference. It's potato salad — it likely needs lots of salt.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. This is great to make ahead and serve the next day to allow the flavors more time to meld.