Chipotle Ranch Steak Bowls
Paleo (if modified)
Whole30 (if modified)
Grain-Free (if modified)
1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ pounds skirt or flap steak
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Prepared quinoa (sub cauliflower rice for Paleo, Whole30, and Grain-Free)
- SideDish Chipotle Ranch
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the Steak:
For the Veggies:
Prepare the Steak:
In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Set aside.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and cut in half cross-wise (this makes it easier to fit into your skillet). Trim any excess fat. Pat dry with a paper towel, season both sides of the steak with the seasoning mixture. Press the seasoning into the meat to adhere and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the steak. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may need to do this in batches as to not crowd the pan. Cook, undisturbed, until a golden-brown crust forms on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium cook. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside to rest while you cook the veggies.
Cook the Veggies:
Reduce heat beneath the skillet to medium. Add the onions and bell pepper, season with salt. Sauté, tossing often, until the veggies begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the lime juice and sauté for another 2 minutes until the veggies are tender.
Assemble the Bowls:
Slice the steak thinly against the grain. Divide the quinoa (or cauliflower rice) among 4 bowls. Add the sliced steak and veggies. Drizzle with desired amount of SideDish Chipotle Ranch and top with cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.