Chipotle Ranch Tuna Cakes
Two (5-ounce) cans tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill fronds, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- SideDish Chipotle Ranch, for serving
Place the drained tuna in a large bowl and using the back of a fork, break up the fish. Add the egg, bell pepper, green onion, mayo, salt, pepper smoked paprika, cayenne (if using), dill, and almond flour. Using a fork, mix until very well combined.
- Using a ¼-cup measuring cup, scoop out the mixture then form into round patties. Continue until all of the mixture is used.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and swirl to evenly coat the pan. When the oil is hot, use a spatula to carefully lay the cakes into the oil and let fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden brown, 2 to 3 more minutes.
Transfer the cooked patties onto a plate lined with paper towels. Top with fresh dill and serve with SideDish Chipotle Ranch.