Creamy Sesame Baked Egg Rolls
View a step-by-step video of this delicious recipe here.
4 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey, preferably dark meat
- 12 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup SideDish Creamy Sesame, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (I use YellowBird brand)
- 12 egg roll wrappers
Toasted sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves, optional for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
Prepare the Filling:
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with the edge of a wooden spoon, until the turkey is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coleslaw mix and the salt and cook, stirring, until it begins to wilt, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the SideDish Creamy Sesame and the Sriracha until well combined. Remove from the heat.
Assemble the Egg Rolls:
Place one egg roll wrapper on a cutting board and add 2 tablespoons of the filling diagonally on the wrap. Fold bottom corner over filling then roll snugly half-way to cover filling. Next, fold in both sides snugly against filling. Finally, moisten the edges of the last flap then wrap up and seal the top corner. Lay seam side down on the prepared baking sheet and continue until all are complete.
- Brush the tops of each of the rolls evenly with the remaining 2 tablespoons of avocado oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the egg rolls are golden brown and crispy.
Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and mint, if desired. Serve with SideDish Creamy Sesame for dipping.