Creamy Sesame Chicken Satay Skewers
View a step-by-step video of this delicious recipe here.
1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or 1 lime)
- 1/3 cup SideDish Creamy Sesame, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Twelve 6” wooden skewers
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together the curry paste, lime juice, SideDish Creamy Sesame, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Place the cubed chicken in a large bowl and pour ½ of the sauce mixture over the chicken. Add the salt and toss until well combined. Set aside to marinade for 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature. Meanwhile, soak your wooden skewers in hot water so that they are less likely to burn on the grill.
- When the chicken has marinated and the skewers have soaked, thread the chicken onto the skewers.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat (350-400℉) and oil the grill grates. To do this, dip a wadded paper towel in a little oil and, using tongs, wipe the oil evenly over the grate. Be careful not to use too much oil, because that's a sure fire way to start a good flare-up—a little goes a long way here.
When hot, place the skewers on the grill and cook on the first side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until nice grill marks have formed. Flip the skewers and then baste the grilled side generously with the reserved marinade. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through and nice grill marks have formed on both sides, 3 to 4 more minutes. The grill should be closed as much as possible as you are cooking the chicken.
Transfer the cooked skewers to a tray. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with lime wedges and more SideDish Creamy Sesame for dipping.