Creamy Sesame Chicken Wraps
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup prepared white rice
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons SideDish Creamy Sesame, plus more for serving
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced onions and cook, tossing occasionally, until they are golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice, cilantro and lime juice. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Dice up the chicken into ½-inch cubes.
To prepare the wrap, lay each tortilla on a cutting board. Divide the white rice into the center of each tortilla. Then top with the baby spinach, chopped chicken, and the griddled onions. Drizzle with the SideDish Creamy Sesame and top with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- To roll, fold the sides inward towards the filling. Roll the wrap over the filling, tucking as you roll. Continue rolling until your burrito is seam side down.
- Add a little more olive oil to the skillet over medium heat and sear the burrito on each side until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
Serve with additional SideDish Creamy Sesame.