Creamy Sesame Chopped Salad
4 cups romaine, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup red cabbage, diced small
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (I use rotisserie)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for serving
- 3/4 cup green onions, sliced thin on the diagonal (about 4 green onions)
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- SideDish Creamy Sesame
One 10.7-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained (see note)
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, carrots, red cabbage, slivered almonds, chicken, cilantro, green onions, black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds. Set aside. Drizzle with desired amount of SideDish Creamy Sesame and toss until well coated.
- Add the mandarins and gently toss once more, being careful to not smash the mandarins.
- Divide among 2 bowls and garnish with additional cilantro, as desired.
Mandarin Note: This dish is Whole30 compliant, but if you’re buying the canned mandarin oranges beware of added ingredients! A lot of brands sneak in sugar. You can also use fresh mandarin oranges, 1 for the segments and the other for the juice.
Serving Note: While this serves two as-is, this can also serve more as a side and great to bring along to a summer BBQ!