Creamy Sesame Meatballs
Paleo (if modified)
Whole30 (if modified)
Grain-Free (if modified)
1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup SideDish Creamy Sesame, plus more for serving
- 4 green onions thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
Prepared white rice (sub cauliflower rice for Paleo, Whole30, and Grain-Free)
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg yolk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, 2 tablespoons of SideDish Creamy Sesame, white parts of the green onion, ginger, and tapioca flour. Mix until just combined.
- Using damp hands, form the mixture into 2-inch meatballs. (Damp hands keep the meat from sticking too much.)
In a large deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the meatballs, working in batches as needed so as not to overcrowd the pan, and cook on each side until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Add all of the browned meatballs back into the pan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining 1/3 cup of SideDish Creamy Sesame to the skillet with the meatballs and toss until well-coated and the sauce is warmed.
Divide rice and broccoli among 4 plates. Add the meatballs and drizzle with additional SideDish Creamy Sesame as desired. Top with the remaining green onions.