Crispy Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Medallion Salad with Honey Dijon
One 8-ounce log of goat cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon cassava flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (about 16 slices)
1 large shallot halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 10 ounces spring mix
- SideDish Honey Dijon, to taste
For the Goat Cheese Medallions:
For the Salad:
Preheat oven to 400℉.
Freeze Your Goat Cheese:
Place your goat cheese log in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Prepare Your Crispy Prosciutto:
On a large sheet pan, place each prosciutto slice into a small mound (I prefer this instead of laying the prosciutto slices flat). Bake for about 8 minutes until the prosciutto is crisp.
Make your Goat Cheese Medallions:
Carefully slice your goat cheese into ¼-inch-thick medallions.
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a separate large, shallow bowl add the panko, cassava flour and thyme. Mix to combine. Set the bowls next to each other for dredging.
- One at a time, dip a goat cheese medallion first in the egg mixture and shake off the excess. Then, dredge the goat cheese medallion in the panko mixture, carefully pressing it into the medallion to help it adhere.
- Next, in a non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. In batches, add your goat cheese medallions to the pan and cook until crisp on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Once crisped, set aside on a plate. Between batches, be sure to wipe down your pan and add additional oil as the panko may leave burnt pieces in your pan.
Assemble Your Salads:
Divide the spring mix among four bowls. Evenly top with the shallot and walnuts. Divide the crispy prosciutto and goat cheese medallions among the bowls. Drizzle with desired amount of SideDish Honey Dijon.