Easy Southwest-Style Taco Bowls
2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound ground beef (90/10)
2 tablespoon taco seasoning (I use Siete Foods Spicy; sub Mild)
1 ½ cups prepared brown rice
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup grain-free tortilla chips, roughly crushed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- SideDish Southwest Dressing, to taste
For the Ground Beef:
For the Bowl:
Prepare the Beef:
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain off excess fat and return to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium-low and sprinkle in the taco seasoning. Toss to coat. Remove from heat.
Assemble the Bowls:
To serve, divide the beef mixture between 4 bowls along with the rice, romaine, radish, avocado, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips.
Serve with lime wedges and drizzle with the SideDish Southwest Dressing.