Fall Harvest Salad with Chipotle Ranch
Serves 4 as a Main, 6 as a Side
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup halved and thinly sliced shallot (or 2 shallots)
- ½ cup unsalted and unroasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 cups deribbed and thinly sliced lacinato or curly kale (about 2 bunches)
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup of SideDish Chipotle Ranch Dressing (or more to taste)
For the Sweet Potatoes:
For the Salad:
Roast the Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and cayenne (if using) until well combined.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the mixture. Toss until the potatoes are well coated then spread into an even layer. Transfer to the oven and roast until the potatoes are tender and golden, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the shallot and pumpkin seeds to the sheet pan. Gently toss until well coated. Spread in an even layer and transfer back into the oven and continue to bake until the shallots are tender, about 5 more minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Finish the Salad:
In a large bowl, combine the kale and apples. Drizzle with the SideDish Chipotle Ranch Dressing and toss until evenly coated, adding more dressing if you desire.
- Add the sweet potatoes, shallots, and pumpkin seeds to the salad and gently toss once more until well combined.