Honey Dijon and Goat Cheese Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Rated 4.3 stars by 10 users
- One 4-ounce log herbed goat cheese (sub plain goat cheese)
- 20 pitted medjool dates
- 10 slices of bacon, cut in half crosswise
- ¼ cup SideDish Honey Dijon
- 20 toothpicks
- Set one rack in the center of the oven and one in the highest position. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Gently open up the date so that it can easily be stuffed. Fill the date cavity with the goat cheese (about a ½ a tablespoon). Wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on the prepared baking sheet and continue until all of the dates are prepared.
Transfer the dates to the middle rack of the oven and cook until the bacon begins to crisp, 15-20 minutes. Remove the dates and brush the SideDish Honey Dijon. Place back into the oven on the highest rack and bake until the bacon is fully crisp through (watching carefully so that they don't burn), another 3-5 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional SideDish Honey Dijon and garnish with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.