Honey Dijon Chicken Bites
Makes 24 Bites
1 pound chicken, cut 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup SideDish Honey Dijon, divided, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half crosswise
- 24 slices of pickled jalapeños (about ½ cup)
- ½ block of sharp cheddar cheese, cut into ¼-inch-thick cubes
- 24 toothpicks
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, ½ cup SideDish Honey Dijon, salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper. Toss until well-coated.
- One at a time, place a piece of chicken onto the end of a slice of bacon, top with cheese then a slice of jalapeños. Carefully roll then secure with a toothpick. Continue until all the chicken is wrapped.
Once all chicken is wrapped, brush one side of the bites with the remaining ¼ cup SideDish Honey Dijon. Season evenly with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Heat the grill over medium heat (about 350℉) and oil the grill grates (to do this, dip a wadded paper towel in a little oil and, using tongs, wipe the oil evenly over the grates. Be careful not to use too much oil, because that's a sure-fire way to start a good flare-up—a little goes a long way here.)
Carefully place the chicken bites on the outer edge of the grill, where they aren’t directly over the fire but close to it (as they flame up easily) and cook until the bacon fat has rendered and the chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes total, carefully rotating the bites every 3 to 4 minutes so that they cook evenly. The lid should be closed throughout the cooking process, unless you are flipping them.
Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serve with additional SideDish Honey Dijon if desired.