Honey Dijon Chicken Roll-Ups
Paleo (if modified)
View a step-by-step video of this delicious recipe here.
2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 6-ounces)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 3 tablespoon SideDish Honey Dijon, divided
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 tablespoons cassava flour
- 16 asparagus stalks (about 1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine (sub low-sodium chicken broth for Paleo)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- One chicken breast at a time, place the chicken on a cutting board and hold it flat with the palm of your non-knife hand. Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast horizontally into two even pieces to make into cutlets. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap on top of the cutlets. Using a meat mallet or bottom of a heavy skillet, pound each cutlet into an even ¼-inch thickness. Season both sides of your cutlets evenly with the salt and pepper.
On a new cutting board, arrange the prosciutto slices next to one another. Add the one chicken cutlet on top of each slice. Using a brush or back of a spoon, evenly divide 1 tablespoon of the SideDish Honey Dijon onto each cutlet and spread evenly. Evenly divide 1 tablespoon of the tarragon onto each cutlet. One cutlet at a time, lay 3 to 4 stalks of asparagus (depending on their size) at the bottom, perpendicular to the cutlet. Use the prosciutto to gently roll the chicken and asparagus into bundles, flipping the rolls over so the seam faces up. Thread a toothpick through the chicken roll to fasten it. Repeat with the other cutlets.
- Add the cassava flour to a large plate or wide bowl. Gently roll each roll-up in the cassava to lightly dust, shaking off any excess. Set aside on a plate until all of the roll-ups are coated.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Place the roll-ups seam side down into the skillet and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Pour the wine into the skillet and drizzle the roll-ups with the remaining 2 tablespoons of SideDish Honey Dijon. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of tarragon over the skillet. Place into oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks and spoon the pan sauce over the rollups.