Honey Dijon Chicken Skillet with Brussels Sprouts
Paleo (if modified)
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cassava flour (sub all-purpose flour)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 large shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, woody ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ½ cup dry white wine (sub chicken broth for Paleo)
- ⅓ cup SideDish Honey Dijon Dressing
- ¼ cup freshly chopped dill, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375℉.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cut them in half horizontally. Cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet to pound the chicken to a uniform 1/4-inch thickness. Pat dry with a paper towel, season both sides of the chicken with the salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour until well coated on both sides, shake off any excess and set aside.
In an oven-safe skillet (preferably cast iron), heat the oil over medium heat. When hot, carefully place the chicken in the oil and brown until golden on each side, about 2 minutes per side. The chicken doesn’t have to be cooked, just a golden color, as it will finish in the oven. Transfer the browned chicken to a plate and set aside.
To the same skillet, add the diced pancetta and cook, tossing occasionally, until just crisp, being careful not to burn, about 4 minutes.
Add the shallots, Brussels sprouts, and cooked pancetta to the pan and toss until well coated in the oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in the wine and cook, tossing to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet, until the wine is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, nestle the chicken back into the skillet and transfer to the oven. Cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender and the chicken is almost cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven and gently toss around the Brussels sprouts. Brush 1 to 2 teaspoons of the SideDish Honey Dijon Dressing onto each chicken breast then drizzle the remaining over the top of the Brussels sprouts and continue to bake until the chicken is cooked through and the brussels are golden, 8 to 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with dill, serve and enjoy!