Honey Dijon Hasselback Potato Bake
1 pound 2-bite yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 slices of bacon, diced very small
- ¼ cup SideDish Honey Dijon
- 1/4 cup shredded aged white cheddar
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Cut slits in each potato, leaving the bottom intact. Stop just before reaching the bottom of the potato. Space the slices 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch apart.
Place the potatoes in a 3.5-qt oval roaster or small baking dish and drizzle with the avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried thyme, and cayenne. Toss until very well coated.
Arrange the potatoes so that they are in a single layer and cut side up on the baking dish and scatter some of the diced bacon on top of the potatoes. Transfer to the oven and bake until the potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Drizzle with the SideDish Honey Dijon and top with the shredded cheese.
Transfer back to the oven and bake until the Honey Dijon has caramelized and the cheese is golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the scallions.