Honey Dijon Salad with Crispy Chicken
Dairy-Free (if modified)
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 head)
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- SideDish Honey Dijon Dressing
- ⅓ cup shredded sharp white cheddar (omit for Dairy-Free)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 strips cooked crisped bacon, chopped
- ½ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs (I like Aleia’s Brand)
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
For the Salad
For the Chicken
Prepare the Salad
In a large bowl, add the romaine, arugula, and tomatoes. Set aside while you prepare the chicken.
Cook the Chicken
Set two shallow bowls next to each other. In one, add the egg and whisk. In the second, add the panko and tapioca flour.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper. Dip a piece of chicken first in the egg mixture and shake off the excess. Then, dredge the chicken in the panko, pressing it into the chicken to help it adhere. Set aside until all the chicken is breaded.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until shimmering. Carefully lay the chicken into the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate lined with paper towels and repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken.
Assemble the Salad
Add your desired amount of SideDish Honey Dijon to the lettuce mixture and toss to coat. Divide salad amongst 4 bowls, top with the chicken tenders, and an additional drizzle of dressing, then the sharp cheddar, avocado, and bacon.