Honey Dijon Tortellini Skillet
4 ounces diced pancetta
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
18-ounces store-bought gluten-free cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup SideDish Honey Dijon
- 2 cups shredded aged-white cheddar
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, optional for garnish
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the pancetta and cook, tossing occasionally, until the fat begins to render and it becomes slightly crispy, about 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the pancetta from the skillet and set aside on a paper towel.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté until golden in color, about 1 minute. Add the broth, milk and salt, stirring frequently, deglazing the bottom of the pan. Increase heat and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the cheddar and parmesan and cook, stirring, until the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Once it reaches a simmer, add the tortellini, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and toss once more. Continue cooking until the tortellini is just tender about 2 more minutes.
Add the SideDish Honey Dijon and toss gently to combine.
- Remove from the heat, add the pancetta back into the skillet along with the green peas and give it another stir and let rest until the peas are no longer frozen, about 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Serve hot.