Meal-Prep Friendly Honey Dijon Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz chicken sausage, thinly sliced on the diagonal (I like Aidell’s Chicken and Apple)
- 2 tablespoons SideDish Honey Dijon, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Flaky sea salt, optional
Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. While the water comes to a boil, prepare the chicken sausage and sweet potatoes.
Cook the Chicken Sausage and Sweet Potatoes:
Add the sweet potatoes, red onion, and chicken sausage to the prepared sheet tray and toss with SideDish Honey Dijon, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt and the pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Make the Jammy Eggs:
When the water comes to a boil, gently lower the eggs into the pot (I use a ladle for this) and boil for 6 ½ minutes. While the eggs cook, fill a bowl with ice and water to make an ice bath for the eggs. Immediately following the cook time, transfer the eggs into the ice bath to cool and stop the cooking process. Once the eggs have cooled, gently peel the eggs and slice lengthwise.
Saute the Spinach:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and the spinach. Cook, gently tossing the spinach until it is slightly wilted, around 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
If serving right away: Divide the chicken sausage and potato mixture among 4 bowls then nestle the spinach and jammy eggs on top of each bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky sea salt, if desired, and serve with additional SideDish Honey Dijon.
If storing for meal prep: Evenly divide the chicken sausage and sweet potatoes among 4 containers. Nestle the spinach and jammy eggs into the corners of each container. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky sea salt and drizzle with additional SideDish Honey Dijon. Once cooled, secure the lids on the containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave when ready to eat.