Miso Caesar Harvest Bowl
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 medium delicata squash (halved lengthwise seeds removed and cut into ¼” thick half moons)
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ½ cup halved and thinly sliced shallot (or 2 shallots)
8 cups deribbed and thinly sliced lacinato or curly kale (about 2 bunches)
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored, peeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup of SideDish Miso Caesar, plus more to taste
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds, plus more for garnish
For the Delicata Squash:
For the Salad:
Roast the Delicata Squash:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and cayenne (if using) until well combined.
- Add in the delicata, and toss well to combine, ensuring they are all well-coated. Distribute half of the squash on each prepared baking sheet to ensure they have enough space to get golden.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and sliced shallot to the now empty bowl and toss them around to coat in any excess seasoning leftover from the squash. Set aside.
- Transfer the sheet pans to the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Give them a shake at the 15-minute mark, rotate the trays, and roast for an additional 10 minutes. After 25 total minutes, remove one of the trays, push the squash to one side, and add the spiced pumpkin seeds and shallot. Transfer back into the oven and roast for 5 more minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
Assemble the Salad:
In a large bowl, combine the kale and apples. Drizzle with the SideDish Miso Caesar and toss until evenly coated, adding more dressing if you desire.
Add the delicata squash, the shallots, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate seeds to the salad and gently toss once more until well combined. Divide among four bowls and garnish with additional pomegranate seeds.