Simple Shrimp Stir Fry with Creamy Sesame
1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ¼-inch-thick strips
- 1 large shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium baby bok choys, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup SideDish Creamy Sesame
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Prepared cauliflower or steamed rice, optional
Pat shrimp dry then add to a large bowl with the salt, pepper, and tapioca flour. Toss to combine.
- In a large, deep non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer and cook until the shrimp is browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat beneath the skillet to medium then add the bell pepper and shallot. If your skillet seems dry, add additional oil. Sauté, stirring, until the veggies begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Next, add the bok choy and toss until it begins to wilt, about 1 minute. Add the SideDish Creamy Sesame and the sesame seeds and toss until the shrimp and veggies are well coated.
- Serve as-is or over with prepared rice, if desired. Top with red pepper flakes (if using) and serve with lime wedge.