Skillet Southwest Fajitas
1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound mini bell peppers, seeds and stem removed then sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup SideDish Southwest Dressing
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Black beans
Arrange oven rack to the highest position. Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season both sides of the chicken evenly with salt, black pepper, paprika, and cassava.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken tenders and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Once browned, set aside on a plate.
- Add the peppers, onion, and garlic to the skillet. Sauté until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken and its juices back into the skillet and remove from heat. Drizzle the SideDish Southwest Dressing over the skillet.
- Place into the over on the highest rack and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro and serve with a wedge of lime.
- You can enjoy as-is, serve in a bowl with rice and beans, or serve in tortillas.