Southwest Crunchy Chicken Tacos
Dairy-Free (if modified)
4 cups finely shredded rotisserie chicken
½ cup SideDish Southwest Dressing, plus more for serving
- 8 grain-free tortillas (I use Siete brand, see Note)
- Avocado oil spray
1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup minced white onion (about ¼ small onion)
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or Cotija cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
For the Tacos:
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken and the SideDish Southwest Dressing. Toss until the chicken is well-coated and warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Set a tortilla on the lined sheet pan and scoop about ½ cup of the chicken mixture onto one side of the tortilla. Gently fold the tortilla in half and press down, forming a taco. See Note if you are having difficulties with your tortillas. Continue until you’ve used all the filling. Spray the tops of the tortillas with the avocado spray.
- Bake until the tacos are crispy and golden brown on the edges, 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove the tacos from the oven. Very gently open the tacos and fill with the shredded lettuce, white onion, queso fresco (if using), drizzle of SideDish Southwest Dressing and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Tortilla Note: I am typically able to fold my tortillas easily, but if your tortillas are dry and not pliable, take this step ahead of filling your tortillas. In a small nonstick skillet, heat ½ teaspoon avocado oil over (plus more as needed) medium-high heat. Quickly fry each tortilla, about 30 seconds on each side, until flexible and easy to fold. Then follow the steps as above to fill.