Southwest-Style “Mexican Pizza”
4 grain-free tortillas (I use Siete Foods Almond Flour)
- Avocado oil cooking spray
1 tablespoon avocado oil
½ pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
4 tablespoon refried pinto or black beans
- ½ cup SideDish Southwest
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (green part only)
- Freshly chopped cilantro
Crisp the Tortillas:
Preheat the oven to 400℉ and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet and spray lightly with the cooking spray. Bake until the edges are golden and the tortillas are crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven, set aside but leave the oven on!
Cook the Ground Beef:
Heat the oil large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the beef into small pieces. Season with the taco seasoning and continue to cook, tossing, until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Prepare the “Pizzas:"
Gently spread about 2 tablespoons of the refried beans on 2 of the crisp tortillas. Divide the meat mixture over the refried beans. Place a crisp tortilla on top to create a sort of “pizza sandwich”.
Pour ¼ cup of SideDish Southwest over each of the “pizzas” and spread to evenly coat the top. Sprinkle with cheese and transfer back into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the chopped tomato, green onion and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!