Southwest Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
6 to 8
4 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- One 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ¾ cup SideDish Southwest, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
Preheat the oven to 375℉
- Place the bell peppers, cut side up, in a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the inside cavities of the bell peppers with ½ teaspoon of the salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, garlic, onion, the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with the edge of a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add the drained black beans, green chiles, corn, and ½ cup of Sidedish Southwest. Toss until well combined. Remove from heat.
Spoon the Southwest turkey mixture into the cavities of each of the prepared bell peppers until they are full; it is okay if they are overflowing. Once filled, drizzle the remaining ¼ cup of SideDish Southwest and then top with the cheese.
- Cover with foil and transfer to the oven and bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and continue to bake, uncovered, until the cheese is lightly browned, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh cilantro. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.