Spring Roll-Inspired Chicken Bowls
6 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- SideDish Creamy Sesame
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup loosely chopped mint
- ½ cup loosely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup loosely chopped Thai basil leaves
- ½ cup roughly chopped roasted cashews
- Thinly sliced jalapeño, optional for serving
1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Cook your noodles according to the package directions. Once cooked, drain then place in a bowl of ice water to chill while you cook your chicken.
Pat the chicken dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 to 8 minutes before slicing and serving.
Drain the rice noodles and divide among 4 bowls. Next, divide the lettuce and carrots, then top each bowl with the sliced chicken. Drizzle each bowl with the desired amount of SideDish Creamy Sesame. Finish by topping with green onions, mint, cilantro, basil, chopped cashews, and jalapeños, if using. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!