Unstuffed Southwest Chicken Poblano Skillet
3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 4 medium poblano peppers, stem and seeds removed and cut into ½-inch wide strips
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 bottle SideDish Southwest
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
¼ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
Steamed rice, tortillas, or tortilla chips
Optional for Serving:
Preheat the oven to 400℉.
Heat an oven safe skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil, the poblano peppers, onion, salt and black pepper and cook, tossing, until the veggies are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the rotisserie chicken, SideDish Southwest, and broth and stir to combine. Spread contents in the skillet into a single layer. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
In a small bowl, combine the panko and the remaining 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and stir until well combined. Sprinkle the panko over the top of the cheese in an even layer.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until hot, bubbly and browned on the top, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat let cool slightly, 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Notes: This is great served alone, but I also like to serve mine over rice, with tortilla chips, or in a flour tortilla!